Saturday, November 25, 2017

THE MIND

When we speak of the mind, we are not just speaking of thoughts. We are speaking about the seat of all kinds of desires, feelings and emotions. The mind is always giving us directions, “Do this, do that. This is where happiness lies. That is where happiness lies. If we are the servant of the mind then we cannot be a yogi or practitioner of yoga. 

‘Servant of the mind’ means I do what I do because I enjoy doing it. I make the choices that I make because that’s how my feelings are moving me.

The problem is that as long as I am the servant of my mind, I am always bound to be frustrated. The only solution, the only way to achieve actual lasting happiness is by being the servant of God, not the servant of our mind. So that when the mind offers us this and that, then we are able to say, “Sorry, I’m not your servant anymore. I’m the servant of God. You, the mind are now my servant”. Our choice in life is we can either be the servant of God or we can be the servant of our mind.

All our entire lives we have been the servant of our mind and until now we have not actually achieved real lasting inner happiness. Therefore we should consider no longer remaining servants of our minds but actually finding satisfaction in serving God who is our best friend.

Our mind is not our best friend. Our mind is not dependable.  It is better to be the servant of someone Who is dependable, Who is actually our best friend, rather than being the servant of our minds.

PLS SHARE

No comments:

Post a Comment